• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New beginnings

Onoma1

Well I thought I should call this journal something positive. Other titles that occurred to me were "#### my paludarium died and this is what I salvaged"...but moving forward...

So it's an @Aquariums4life custom 60cm by 70cm by 50 cm high. Perfect silicone other than in the corner which got chipped when it was installed and led to it being relegated to the garage. Repaired with lots of silicone and hope. Drip wall from Green Frog, my usual mx of John Innes Number 3 in bags capped with sand. The rock work was bought from the Green Machine and is lava rock. The plants are assorted buce, anubias, floating plants with a few crypts thrown in.

The plants on the "wall" are cheap and cheerful supermarket discounted plants as a stand-in until I have the money and time to do this properly. My approach here is that the plants have two chances....

The fish are:

Bristlenose Plec x2
Peppered Corydorus x6
Green Neon x19
BLUE EYE RAINBOWFISH (PSEUDOMUGIL LUMINATUS x5

The concept for this is a rocky bank in a small pool. Aquel 2000, no CO2 and no dosing (osmscote only). The filter will be removed when the emersed plants establish.

20240119_215745.jpg

Back