• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New but old.

Red eye

Hi Gang, have been in and out of planted tanks for years and now at 52 would like some Wild Discus ....were should l go looking first.
I have a 5x2x2 opened topped tank just sitting there in the living room.... Empty.....??? Was a dennerle full set up. Eheim pro ll thermo filtered.

Also what's the best place to buy nice plants??.

Cheers Matt
East Sussex.

Last edited:
Welcome to the UKaps!
Have a look at our sponsors for aquatic plants.

Welcome to UKAPS🙂I know somebody who has or had a large Wild Discus aquarium in his fish house, l will try to ask. I believe he got most of his fish mail order or auctions

Welcome to UKAPS🙂I know somebody who has or had a large Wild Discus aquarium in his fish house, l will try to ask. I believe he got most of his fish mail order or auctions
sounds great ....many years ago I wrote too PFK mag about a piece on discus ...well PFK give on his address in Essex ....Jeff W had some lovely fish and some love Heckels......must be 15 years ago. is Jeff still with us?....was a Maths Teacher.

I learnt a lot.

I,m close too Polegate shop DD but no wilds stocked.

I did contact the Discus chap l knew,in fact l looked after his fish house once, sadly ill health has meant he no longer has one ,he sold up. The Wild Discus he recalls were from a source he either got off the Internet or from the Discus forums, he said the importer was a Polish chap who imported from the Rio Nanay, Didn't say what they cost but said they were a lot cheaper than the aquarium shops

Also, try asking your LFS to check their with American import lists because they should have no problems bringing those in

Back