• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New layout - help please!

Conger

Hi

I'll be setting my tank up at long last on Thursday, and have a load of manzanita and Baltic stone to play with. It'll be laid on top of eco complete (rear) and unipac Maui at the front and middle. My intention is to have a substantial amount of free swimming/'floor' space as I may ultimately introduce some discus.

I've come up with the layout below, which has been tricky as I have a LOT of manzanita left over, of lots of sizes/shapes and it's hard not to try to keep packing more in. The card is cut to the 120cmx60cm footprint of the tank. Also, I'm not sure I'm making best use of the stone (which has some lovely textures), although I guess I have to accept the stone becomes a supporting act to the wood if I have both. I'm also aware it's difficult to know how banking of substrate may change the look.

It's very frustrating, as I know that given the materials I have, a lot of you could make some mind blowing scapes...! Any input or advice would be gratefully received!
fLn1dSW.jpg

I think it looks great :thumbup:
Maybe one more little piece of wood right centre pointing into the open water space and the little upward pointing rock in the centre rear laid down pointing into the open sand in the middle and bobs your uncle. If you have some smaller stones you could place them around the front in the sand bed once the substrate is in to enhance the natural feel but still keep the open space :)

Back