• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New member, hello everyone!

Maxxim70

Hello from Massimo, I am writing to you from Orte, a small town 60 kilometers from Rome, I believe that the moment of the "qualitative leap" has finally arrived.
I have 2 aquariums ... a 17 liter Blau Panoramic for the Betta and a Ciano Tartarium 80 used as an aquarium, the Blau has been set up for a couple of months and therefore cannot be touched, but the Ciano, set up for about 2 years now, I would like to replace it with the Oase Scaper Line 100, and thus make the much coveted "qualitative leap, (even if, considering the beauty and quality of this aquarium and its furniture, it would be better to say, a" huge leap in quality ") ... Now also, I have a couple of more years of experience to try to manage it better, even if in this fantastic hobby you never stop learning.
I don't remember how I found this forum, (which is funny considering I have discovered it less than an hour ago :) ), but I am very happy I found it!
Forgive my English, Google translator!
Hello and thanks!

Hi, Massimo,
The English is fine.
I was drawn to the Ciano Tartarium 80 to set it up as a shallow aquarium, but comments about flimsy construction put me off. How have you got on with it for build quality?

Hello, the build quality is not comparable to that of the best aquariums, I bought it at an excellent price (57 Euro), however to set up a beginner's tank without great pretensions it can be done, now I have owned it for 2 years and I have not had problems. However, in my opinion it has a small defect, a side wall is not perfectly aligned with the long rear one, the last centimeter at the top of the side wall, ends slightly inside the rear one, so the rear one protrudes by 1 millimeter, but if you are interested i think a photograph is better than 100 words ...
Perhaps it is for this defect that it cost so little, however to be fair, they should have specified it!

Hi, Massimo,
The English is fine.
I was drawn to the Ciano Tartarium 80 to set it up as a shallow aquarium, but comments about flimsy construction put me off. How have you got on with it for build quality?
Hello, the build quality is not comparable to that of the best aquariums, I bought it at an excellent price (57 Euro), however to set up a beginner's tank without great pretensions it can be done, now I have owned it for 2 years and I have not had problems. However, in my opinion it has a small defect, a side wall is not perfectly aligned with the long rear one, the last centimeter at the top of the side wall, ends slightly inside the rear one, so the rear one protrudes by 1 millimeter, but if you are interested i think a photograph is better than 100 words ...
Perhaps it is for this defect that it cost so little, however to be fair, they should have specified it!
Sorry, I can't delete the post above ...

Last edited:
in my opinion it has a small defect, a side wall is not perfectly aligned with the long rear one, the last centimeter at the top of the side wall, ends slightly inside the rear one, so the rear one protrudes by 1 millimeter, but if you are interested i think a photograph is better than 100 words ...
I would guess that would be down to quality control, which is the main issue with most cheap stuff. You certainly got a good price. As you say, it's not a thing you'd buy for a special project. I would live with a 1mm discrepancy so long as the joint was strong.
Thanks for the feedback .. very helpful. I think in the light of that I might try the 60 and do a trial run of a shallow setup, although as I recall the 60 is noticeably shallower than the 80.

Back