• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New setup rotala

Notice Monte Carlo is turning brown now .
Nitrate levels are 0 on a test even though I’m dosing nitrogen every other day at 0.5mls

Attachments

• IMG_4753.jpeg
    IMG_4753.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
I have increased light intensity so hopefully that with lean dosing daily will get the carpet looking green and thick. My co2 drop checker is yellow at the end of the day so wondering if I am overdosing co2 all livestock seems ok

My co2 drop checker is yellow at the end of the day so wondering if I am overdosing co2 all livestock seems ok
Possibly. Lime green would be better.
Also import to note what the colour of the dc is say 2hrs after lights on, if it changes colour as the day goes on it suggests the co2 isn't stable, which isn't desirable or needed.

Update on the new setup.

Everything barring the Monte Carlo seems to be growing nicely.
No signs of any algae using the dark start method.
I’m lean dosing daily with iron, nitrogen, potassium, and trace.

Using Twinstar up to intensity ranges between 60% -80%
7 hours

Today I measured the following

Tap water
KH - 3.
GH - 9

Aquarium water after lights and co2 off/ out
KH - 6
GH- 15 .

Does anyone have any guidance on what could be causing the stunted growth on the Monte Carlo?

Can anyone tell me how to dose this stuff?
Ideally mix up a solution and dose daily or every other day. Add it to the tank just before the lights come on if possible. Store the solution somewhere dark and relatively cool.

For the solution mix 1.55g in 500ml of water (distilled if possible) each 10ml dose will add 0.1ppm Fe to a 34L tank.

As a starting point I'd maybe add 3ml 5x per week and see if there's any improvement.

If you don't have any accurate weighing scales let me know and we'll try and figure something out based on a teaspoon measurement.

Something is not quite right here, is it possible those stones are dissolving and hardening your water?
I’m thinking of moving the white one at the front out, it doesn’t match anyway and has lots of white calcium lines so that could be the culprit .

Ideally mix up a solution and dose daily or every other day. Add it to the tank just before the lights come on if possible. Store the solution somewhere dark and relatively cool.

For the solution mix 1.55g in 500ml of water (distilled if possible) each 10ml dose will add 0.1ppm Fe to a 34L tank.

As a starting point I'd maybe add 3ml 5x per week and see if there's any improvement.

If you don't have any accurate weighing scales let me know and we'll try and figure something out based on a teaspoon measurement.
Hi my tank in struggling, scum on surface constantly , plants are bleeding out and I’ve been searching for a post I read from MAC about this been due to hard water .
I need to try the chelates

Back