• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

new tank ferts

Mr P

I have 2 new setups on the go at the moment. i have used James C recipe with good results.on new tanks how much ferts do i need to use as there is a lower plant mass.how do you know if you are over or under dosing?any help would be great.thanks 🙂

Hi skankypup

I would use the normal dose for the tank size and not worry about overdosing.
You will run into more problems if you underdose (failing plants = algae on the leaves etc.)
I started a low tech about three years ago using James C's recipe and didn't dose enough. I got BGA all over the place.
All sorted now 😀

hello Mark,i have a 175ltr tank with eco complete substrate ,co2,2x24watt T5 lighting.I also have a 65ltr tank with columbo flora base with tetra substrate(thin layer) and osmocote pellets.2x24watt T5 lights, also co2 ,any guides on ferting these tanks would be great. 🙂

Back