• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Noisy FX5

Gfish

Hi all,

My friend has a secondhand FX5 filter that makes a horrible mechanical noise.
It runs and looks to be working ok but the noise is too much and after a chat with someone at Fluval he purchased a new impeller unit. But, with the new impeller fitted the noise is still there.

Any ideas?????

Thanks

Gavin

Mine was pretty noisy as well so I had to get rid of it, but I did make it better by cleaning it out completely, cleaning the impeller etc but since he bought a new one that kind of eliminates that...

I've got 2 myself and they're great. But this one has something missing/wrong inside.

You checked the connections etc to make sure it's not taking in air or something?

No it's definitely not air coming in. I think we've figured it out now. It looks to me like the previous owner has taken it apart and cleaned it back to almost new condition. But, I think he's not put the bush and O ring back in the right way.
Will report back, as I think it could prove useful to someone else down the line.
Fingers crossed!

Back