• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase Crystal Skim and mist of air bubbles

MrClockOff

Hi all

I'm a happy owner of the above product. I'm using it for almost a year. Mostly for extra flow at the substrate during CO2 injection period, but also as a surface skimmer. There is only one thing I don't like about it - it's producing fine air bubble mist. I hope here is someone using it too and hates the bubbles as much a I do, and found the way to disable this feature? :)

Many thanks
Dan

In my experience it produces fine air bubbles when it draws air in. Try lowering the device in the water a little more.
Thanks for your comment. Hmm I have mine about half inch below surface (I mean between the guard mesh and water surface). I'll see how low I can move it so the moving bit is not detaching and floats away.

Reviving this thread just to share my solution with anyone else experiencing the same problem. Turned out the actual problem was the ripples strength on the water surface. Had to point filter outlet slightly downward to calm water surface slightly. Since then no more air bubbles coming out of the skimmer 🎉

Back