• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Once a week ferts and copper with shrimps

idris

I'm hoping to run low tech, and EI sounds like something I don't really want to get involved in. Ideally I'd like to be able to get away with dsoing ferts no more than once a week, so is there something other than root tabs that might be appropriate?

I've also been reading up on TPA and it says it contains copper.
AFAIK you should aim for zero copper for shrimps so I'm wondering whether the concentration in TPA is likely to be a problem? (I've done a fair bit of searching on this but haven't found a definitive answer.)

I dose once a week in my low tech and some times I use a daily fertilizer and add some drops when I feed the fish. The copper concentration in trace ferts is so low that is totally harmless with shrimp.

0.4ppm is supposed to be the borderline for shrimp problems. Thats in the region of 2x EI if I remember rightly (maybe a lot more than that)

So you won't have a problem. The only problem I have is the weather is too cold and therefore my shrimp colony must be 1000+ at the mo. lol

I dose 8% of EI weekly in a no CO2 tank with no water changes so you should be fine.

AC

Good news on the copper
Clonizta- what are you using daily and what are you using weekly? I don't want to have to use ferts daily at all.

Back