• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Out of CO2

Greenview

My CO2 cylinder has finished more quickly than I expected, and although a new one is on order I am facing a few days without gas; it could not have come at a worse time as I am battling BBA at present. Does anyone have some advice on how to minimise the damage to the plants and minimise algae? I plan to continue with easycarbo and reduce the photoperiod by 50%. Or am i better just leaving the lights off? Any other suggestions?
Thanks

Always try an have an extra bottle in the future so this doesn't happen again. I know thats a cost, but it's a worthwhile purchase. Gas always seems to follow Murphys Law by running out on the eve of a 3-4 day public holiday.

Thanks for the input. It is clear that I should reduce the light, I was just unsure whether to reduce the light or switch it off completely. One vote for each! I think that I will stick with my plan to reduce the light so the plants do not suffer too much. Anyone think that is a bad idea? Hopefully I will have more CO2 early in the week.

Back