• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ideas for a nano cube

edustarling

Hello everyone

I'm about to scape a nano cube (20cm x 20cm x 20cm), no Co2, no filter and a regular LED light. I'm planning to use substrate (like ADA Amazonia or related) with sand or gravel over it. I'll probably put a piece of wood with epiphytes and a carpet plant for the foreground. Can you guys make a suggestion on which one I could use in this case? I thought about Micranthemum sp. (Monte Carlo) but I don't know if it'll thrive without CO2. The other option: Marsilea hirsuta

Thanks in advance!

I recently made a small overview. Maybe it's useful :thumbup:

This list is not complete and only includes plants from the Dennerle range

:thumbup:
Dennerle_nano.png

Last edited:
I can also recommend marsilea, I have it in one of my hard water, low tech, cheapo lighting 60l tanks and it's doing surprisingly well. It doesn't seem to be perturbed by the very poor lighting at the sides, either, though it may be shorter under better light?
View attachment 210505
A friend here suggested sagitaria subulata. I already have it on my discus tank, it spreads really well but I think the leaves are taller than I want them to be...

A friend here suggested sagitaria subulata. I already have it on my discus tank, it spreads really well but I think the leaves are taller than I want them to be...
I get mixed up between saggitaria and Lilaeopsis but I know one (I think it's the sag) had a habit of randomly growing really tall leaves. Whichever one it is that I have in my soft water low tech seems to stay small. That's not a lot of help really, sorry!

Back