• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plants in the post

Etherelda

Hello,

My plants were dispatched from Plants alive on tuesday. Still haven't arrived, hopefully they'll arrive on saturday, overwise I have visions of my plants sitting at the postal depot til tuesday. Thats a week out of water.

How much of a state do you think they could be in? Or do you think they might be ok?

Anyone had any bad postal experiences?

Someone posted me some Limnobium laevigatum in a takeaway carton (plastic variety), royal mail managed to totally crush that, the jiffy and plants were mulch. Removed the plastic, took photos, and it went straight in the compost caddy.

:sick:

I've had mixed experiences with Plants alive to be honest. It depends what plants you've ordered. Some will fare better than others. If they were despatched Tuesday you should have them by now. What postage was it? I wouldn't send plants anything less than first class personally.

they were first class but I don't know whats happened. I've been sat by the front door all day. I was out the day before, and sometimes they have forgotten to put a red slip through the door.

Well, I say forgotten, but some times I have spotted them not knocking, and just putting a slip in the door. Its because I have a postmans worst enemy- an asbo collie, who has a taste for postmen.

well, finally got my hands on them yesterday, an hour before annual visit from grandparents. Panic stations!

Turned out the postie left them with a neighbour on wednesday, but didn't leave a card with us, and the neighbour tried knocking for us, and each time we were out.

Only two plants had it, a vallis spirallis and rotala indica, were really past it. Others were fine.

I've bunged them all in, fish don't know what to do with themselves.

I've taken pics of the plants and will email to plants alive, and see what they say.

Back