• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Please recommend me some plants.

Slyspy

Seedling
Hey guys. I've just ripped out a lot of my plants. I ran without CO2 following a technical hitch and things were getting a bit scraggy. Plus crypt wendtii and echindorus red diamond were taking over the tank! The tank is a Rio 180l with stock lighting, CO2 injection and EI ferts.

Any way I'm looking for advice on a few of new plants. First I'm looking for a tall background plant to sit in front of the filter intake. Ideally this would be a slender plant with a crown of leaves. Sort of a "Y" shape if that makes any sense. Not Vallis (I have that as the background already), not a stem plant (I have hygro and another common stem which I can't remember the name of). Nothing that gets bushy. Maybe a crypt or echindorus of some sort?

Secondly I'm looking for a midground plant to sit behind the wendtii (brown), bogwood with fern (brown/light green) and the stem plant I've forgot the name of (pale green). So something of medium height in either a dark or bright green. A fairly large footprint is not an issue in this space.

Thirdly a carpet plant. Something low to the gravel and a nice green to contrast with the dark gravel it will sit on and the dark wood which it will sit by. I used to have Pogostemon Helferi which did well (and gave my Krib babies somewhere to hide) but eventually it either smothered itself or got eaten or both. I might try it again or in conjunction with something else.

Lastly I fancy a floating plant with small leaves and trailing roots. I have tried Salvinia natans in a previous tank but I think my inexperience let to it melting away.

Any suggestion and help is very welcome!

Back