• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Pointers on resolving algae problem

Progen

This poor tank had been used as a 'storeroom' for a few months while I concentrated elsewhere and needless to say, some 'friends' dropped by and have made themselves comfortable.

Now there are already shrimps and fishes inside so what methods can I use that's as low stress as possible?

VH1XQ4X.jpg

CFCbbRD.jpg

rghO7D4.jpg

Well, the brown algae in the last photo is loved by Otocinclus, so just get yourself a couple of them.

For the rest, the plants just look like they get a bit to little fertilizer. Add some more, trim the old ugly leaves and your good to go again!

There are two otos actually and they've done a lovely job of clean cleaning the powerhead of the same kind of algae.

And yes, I just got JBL Ferropol earlier. Hope that's enough for now while I hunt down a local supplier for the salts.

Back