• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Poll: What's your favourite aquascaping style?

What's your favourite style?

• Nature - Iwagumi in all it's forms

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Nature - Wood scapes

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Dutch style

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Jungle style

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Biotope

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • El Natural

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paludarium

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Steve Smith

Just thought I'd continue the "Do you like Iwagumi scapes?" thread and broaden it a bit... I've probably missed off some styles (let me know and I'll update).

I think I'm still hung up on the Nature/Wood style. I love some of the CAU scapes, and really liking George's scape in PFK. Another one I like a lot at the mo is Jay's 120cm journal. Fantastic wood layout IMO 🙂

So what's you're prefered style?

Re: Poll: What's your favourite style?

I voted Iwagumi, but I would love to see more paludariums around.

Dave.

Hmm, is there a nice link somewhere that describes what all the styles mean, I'm leaning towards paludariums but I might like some of the other styles better if I knew what they were 😉

i think the reason there are not many paludariums is that it looks a bit wierd. a half filled fish tank. i think it looks strange, whats the point in buying a tank if you only half fill it.???

My ambition is to one day, set up a big paludarium (6' x 6' x 2') and grow lots of epiphythic orchids and bromeliads in a natural tropical setting. I used to look after a huge tropical palm house for Brighton parks and gardens and it was heaven.....add an aquatic section, streams and waterfalls and a few tree frogs and my life would be complete.

Back