• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

rally stupid question regarding eheim 2236

alan_uk

hi guys

how do i shut down my eheim 2236 to clean it as the flow has slowed and i need to give it a clean

do i shut off the incoming tap and let it blow the water out then switch the mains off and release the taps

or is there another way

cheers everyone :)

personally I just shut off both taps on my filters at the same time before turning the power off.

I just use the water inside the filter to rinse the media, dump it and fill it with dechlored water before restarting. Normally don't have to prime at all then :)

Alan

If it were me - i would use tank water to clean the filter media not the water form the filter thats dirty. Extract some water from the tank, clean the filter media, refill the filter unit with tank water and top up the tank with fresh water Inc. dechor to the desired level. Better still save the tank water from the previous days water change to clean filter media in.

Regards
PAul.

cheers guys im in the middle of re-scaping so was going to use tank water to clean lol :)

Back