• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommendations for a nano tank filter?

peter1979

Hello, I have a 30 litre wave cubo nano tank. This is my first tank and has been running about a month. I have it planted with crypts, anubias, moss and hair grass and i have the standard 18W light unit and niagara 250 lph hob filter.
I want to upgrade the filter to an external and am looking for some suggestions please. I have looked at the eheim range (2213) and fluval 105. Are these filters going to be too powerful for my tank? If so are there any other ideas? I dont like the hob filter as it looks too ugly on the tank and the intake tube takes up a lot of room.

Peter

Either or really, you can never have too much flow so there really isn't much to worry about. I personally would use the 2213 or for about the same money a ex600 which gives a lot more flow but the extra power means you don't have to worry about losing flow when or if you choice to add anything in line.

Im very tempted to get the eheim 2213 classic, at the moment it is on sale on a website for £42.90.

Definitely go for a 2213, fantastic filters and the lily pipes are easier to get hold of. You'd be bang on 10x turnover and they're a tried and tested filter.

guruf, can you recommend a set of lily pipes? what is the advantage/disadvanage of using lily pipes?

It's really a aesthetics thing, they're much less intrusive and they help to modernise a scape. When you have high turnovers they also mean that the flow is lower in pressure and doesn't bash everything to bits.

If I'm honest, spray bars are much more efficient and some attachements are better such as loc-line, the issue is that they're often intrusive and ugly. It's generally what you personally find most important.

I guess i will see what it looks like and how it performs once i have it set up. I ordered the 2213 from this website i mentioned yesterday and got a 10% discount for my first order with them! £38 for a brand new eheim 2213, im really pleased!!

Zooplus? They're very good, I've had stuff from them arrive quicker from Germany with them than from the opposite side of the country.

yeah thats the place, i wasnt sure if its ok top name drop shops on here.

We'll see ow long it takes to arrive then i guess! i'll update this when it does.

I found zooplus quite quick and my JBL e1500 arrived within 2 days which was a shocker :)

Ive got a eheim 2217 planned for my 60l tank, but currently in my 20l nano I have a Wave Niagra 300 in there which says it does 300l ph. For the 2217 I will have some filter media in front of the suction inlet pipe and hopefully this will slow the flow down somewhat as the tank is mainly for CRS.

Back