• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Should I keep doing daily water changes?

Hang on the back filter are not my cup of tea , i used them in the start and took months to cycle, external filters are preferred choice for me now and they look better aswell with glass lily pipes and have larger space for biological filtration

Stop doing water changes imo . Leave it be now light at the end of tunnel is not too far away. Aerate the tank at night to increase oxygenation. One thing i have learned with this hobby is be patient, if you try to force things it can have adverse effects

Hang on the back filter are not my cup of tea , i used them in the start and took months to cycle, external filters are preferred choice for me now and they look better aswell with glass lily pipes and have larger space for biological filtration
Unfortunately I don't have room for a cansiter filter in my room

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Hi all,
I'm glad to say that my cycle has transitioned to the next stage and I no longer have high ammonia readings (my tests have shown 0.2ppm) and I have 8ppm Nitrites.
That sounds promising.
My question now is Do I have to do excessive water changes for high nitrites?
I probably would carry on with water changes, but you can definitely lessen their frequency.
Hang on the back filter are not my cup of tea , i used them in the start and took months to cycle
It shouldn't make really any difference in their time to reach microbial maturity. HOB filters actually have the advantage of a greater gas exchange surface area.
Aerate the tank at night to increase oxygenation. One thing i have learned with this hobby is be patient
Both good points.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back