• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Small Tank (35ltr) Plant Favourites.

si walker

Hi all.
Im at home a lot at the moment and thinking about replanting/ rescaping my Dennerle 35 ltr scapers tank.
I am a pro at growing Buce and Anubias if i don't say so myself! Have tons and all looking really lovely, but feel that i have a cunning knack of buying the wrong plant for my tank.
At the moment for example i am trimming stems every week. Bright red lusciousness stems. They grow so well but honestly don't fit the tank. Again my Fern sticks out of the water, i picked the wrong one i guess?
So what you got for me.
What plant are you really happy with in a smaller tank?
A name will do and i can search it up.
NO CARPET BUSINESS.

Thanks.
Si

How about Bacopa monnieri Compacta?
It stays small with nice tidy growth.
Or Lysimachia nummularia if you want a splash of acid green.
I pulled some from the garden & it's been growing low tech for a couple of years!

i especially like pearlweed (hemianthus micranthemoides), helanthium quadricostatus, blood red rotala, staurogyne repens

Back