• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sparkling Gouramis

Hi all,
Are they expensive?
About £4 - £5, but they are quite difficult to keep. They are really nice fish but you want a source of live food like "Vestigial winged Fruit flies" and mosquito larvae to keep them long term.

How about Norman's Lamp-eye? Poropanchax normanii or Oryzias spp. they are fine cooler.

cheers Darrel

Thanks Darrel
I have just got a culture of daphnia and cyclops going a couple of days ago, would they be alright? I think I saw lamp-eyes in a local Dobbies a while ago. I don't know if they were the type you mention but they were definitely lamp-eyes!:) Would they fit in my tank fine?
Cheers

Hi all,
I have just got a culture of daphnia and cyclops going a couple of days ago, would they be alright?
Yes perfect, you may find you have trouble keeping the Cyclops going.
I think I saw lamp-eyes in a local Dobbies a while ago. I don't know if they were the type you mention but they were definitely lamp-eyes!
They are in quite a few shops at the moment, I've only seen "Norman's", and they should be fine in a small tank.

cheers Darrel

I've never had a problem feeding them on flake. I use New Life Spectrum flakes crushed up, and they've bred on a diet of that alone. It is very easy to keep wingless fruit fly cultures though, and is definitely worth the hassle for best colouration.

OK, I'm back again guys!;) I was raking through some plastic bags today and found a really small internal so I'm going to see how that gets on. I am yet to get permission from my dad for another heater, I'm already running 150 watts of heaters!:oops: Would killifish have a go at shrimps? Also, are there any killifish that are small enough for my tank that I could buy in egg form?
Cheers

Killifish will only have a go at very small shrimp, but in small aquaria, this will be a rare occurrence. Most killifish you could buy in egg form will be annuals.

I don't think I'll be able to filter the tank then as I don't really want to spend much money on this tank and the filter I'm running is absolutely TINY!:lol: I think I may just get some nice shrimp, but will see how it goes!:)

Back