• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stocking levels?

I should think a couple dozen would fit.

Really? That many? I didn't expect to get that many in there :)

Thanks roadmaster.

Are small fishes that really school nicely in larger number's. Even when threat of predation is non existent.

black neons, embers, hengel rasbora and of course cardinals are some other considerations if you want shoaling fish in bigger numbers as rummnose are slightly bigger fish, but yeah 'two dozen" would be a comfortable max I feel. Rummynose are great shoalers one of the best, but 'can' be plant nippers, so a veg supplement will discourage them. Without stating the obvious if you want them to shoal you need to create open swimming space rather than a "'heavily planted" jungle..

Hi! So i've decided that i'm going to go with some Galaxy Rasbora for my tank. I'm thinking about 2 dozen, as suggested. I was just wondering if i can add these all at once or should i introduce them in smaller groups? The 3 ottos and the 12 amanos, have been in there about 4 weeks now. Should i wait a little longer before introducing the fish?

Thanks,

Lee.

They don't 'shoal' very well from my experience if that's important for you, as you mentioned the shoaling aspect, compared to some of the fish suggested. Also choose your fish carefully, some can come with crooked backs and don't last long, as I discovered in these parts anyway..

Back