• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

storing plants

a rix

Iam about to order my plants soon however they may well be arriving on the day before I want to plant them would it be ok for me to store them till the next day and if so how would I go about it.

Many thanks Anthony rix

I will be ordering them from aquarium gardens so i expect the packaging to be fairly good

I just throw mine into the tank to float about until I'm ready 🙂

So do I most if the time if they are individual plants.

When I was setting up my tank the first time I ordered lots of stems and had the same problem. I had far too many to plant in one session and I wanted to keep them organised as there were a lot and they weren't bunched. I put lots of wet paper into the bottom of a storage tub, laid the plants on top and gave them a good soaking with a spray bottle, covered them with another thin layer wet paper, put the lid on and left them in a cool room overnight.

Back