• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tesco cat litter

What you mean is - how well you wash it?
I have found the best way to wash away the dust is by placing a half filled with litter bucket under a running tap & stirring until the overflowing water runs clear.
Hard baked clay does not actively breakdown or produce any dust while it is underwater in an aquarium.

foxfish said:
What you mean is - how well you wash it?
I have found the best way to wash away the dust is by placing a half filled with litter bucket under a running tap & stirring until the overflowing water runs clear.
Hard baked clay does not actively breakdown or produce any dust while it is underwater in an aquarium.

I rinsed mine in small amounts in a sieve until it ran clear and put in a bucket. I then ran the hose through the litter stirring until it ran clear as you state above. The process took over three hours for one and a half bags of litter. I placed it in the aquarium and filled up with water, by running the water indirectly onto a large dinner plate sat on top of the litter. I used a slow fill method from multiple buckets of water. The following three days were required for the cloudiness in the water to dissipate.

I'm trying not to butt in but would anyone have a photo of this cat litter as I'm going though the 'buying everything stage'
and I'm not sure what colour it is.

Page 7 of the Tesco cat litter topic dent

Hmm I have washed mine and letting it sit to dry out a bit, may help in less clouding but we shall see, will wash it again as going on what you guys say I havent done it long enough, I do foxfishes method but to pseed it up tip the water out, gets rid of it faster as some particles wont flow out, meh all trial and error just get the dust out ^^

sorry to open this old chestnut we spent a lot of time
washing it and finally got rid of the perfume smell
for the first few weeks of it been in the tank i did
get high nitrate readings but with a few water changes
that was reduced at this time the tank started to clear
its is now crystal clear and sustaining plants and fish :thumbup:

Back