• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

testing with what?

malik uddin

hi guys i am new to freshwater testing {have only used marine test kits before). i heard there are some dip test you can get. my question is which of these all in one dip test do you guys recommend are there any salt water test i can use on fresh water i have hanna and salifert test kits. thanks for any help, i live in tower hamlets so have been looking at water reports and it says my ph is 7.4 to 8 not tested my freshwater tank yet

Water reports are a good thing to know, dip tests are probably the least accurate but you mentioning Hanna ,I believe they are the most accurate, using something like the JBL will give you a reasonable result, some things are hard to measure IMO ,Nitrate comes to mind .

Salifert nitrate test can be used for salt and fresh. IMO their phosphate test doesn't read high enough. Their marine calcium and magnesium are not really useful for us. Hanna marine high range nitrate and high range phosphate checkers work pretty well for fresh.

Back