• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The right substrate with plecs

lil-lynx

Right well im going for a high set-up and was wondering any good substrate I can use with plecs ? one of the reason I ask this is because I have aquaplus by jbl and when ever I move my plants of a little bit of gravel my tank goes really cloudy. and the second reason is I want it nice and smooth so the plecs/corrys don't injure them self.

HELP !

I wouldn't recommend plecs for a hi-light tank, far far too messy a fish by and large, they'll also tear up almost any foreground that isn't incredibly well grown in before hand.

Also, if your gravel is making your water messy then you probably didn't wash it well enough before putting it in the tank.

Tom barr uses ADA aquasoil with his plecs all things said but that's not recommended for cories as they're mini bulldosers that will pull up plants and cause ammonia spikes in the process of doing so.

o ok my gravel only goes messy because i have caped my aquaplus. and not big plecs I was thinking more on the lines of a snowball or golden nugget or flash candy stripe. ?

Back