• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trigon Island

lol, cheers LD. I only chopped it last week, it grows like there's no tomorrow. I must have sold a ton of the stuff already. If ther is one thing i wish i hadn't done when i bought the tank, was to stick the backing on.

Yeah once riccia takes off you will never be able to get rid of it ;) The backing actually suits the tank, I like it anyway but I bet it must be hard to keep it clean. Did you silicone it in place?

yeah it's siliconed in. I don't bother cleaning it, the shrimp and otos see to that.

heres a Mark-esq type trim vid, just to prove that i do trim the Riccia lol (also banging the hardscape about a bit!)

mate, your tank looks real healthy!

looks like the wood is trying to attack you :lol:

It's always a sod trimming the right side of the tank i find.

cheers Mark!
and yes, i do find i have to be all cac handed when trimming the other way.

The Riccia has left the building!

I have popped 3 pots of HC in its place and one pot of Hemianthus micranthemoides. I think it looks loads better?? or it will do when it grows in a bit.

island4.jpg

island2.jpg

island3.jpg

island1.jpg

cheers Andy! I hope the HC will take, i can't see why not, it has loads of flow down there. *crosses fingers*

Right, scape is coming down soon. I will be removing the horrid Juwel backing (which i spent most of this thread trying to cover up. This scape has been entered for the ASW and European aquascaping contest. It has been a great scape to work with, but i have to think forward and the wife and myself have a baby on the way. It's going to be with us in August, all being well. I will then be limited in cash for a while so, it's going to be best to get a re-scape started within the next month. I have a few ideas what i'm going to do. As we all know corners are hard, but i reckon what i have in mind is do-able (hopefully).

Thanks for all your comments on this thread and for those that have helped me with this scape.

Ian

Congrats on the baby Ian:thumbup: they'll cost you more at about the age of 5!!! toys toys toys!

well, it's evident your great at growing, so just look forward to your next scape mate. maybe you could stretch to a nano?

Thanks Mark, the 3 years old is already loving stretching my pockets! lol.

can i just ask, how did you find backing florabase? I'm not sure what to do, this is my only thing i'm stuck on. Do i use the good old JBL aquabasis with sand (cheap option) and bank the sand, then have more to spend on plants. Option 2, spend a shed load on Columbo and have less to spend on plants. I have columbo in my nano and i love it, however i have had great results with Aquabasis+.

Back