• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica CO2 system bio

OwenJ

Has anyone used the tropica co2 system bio? I want to try co2 in my 30L aquarium just to see what it would do to my plants before spending loads on a proper system. My only concern is that it is continuous co2 meaning there might be a risk suffocating my fish. I can’t really increase my water agitation and I don’t really want to buy an air pump to increase oxygen levels. Can anyone share there experiences?

Never used that system.

But if you want to try CO2 at low level, I would advise to try a yeast jello system first. It's the cheapest and easiest to setup.

Myself I've put a T valve between the system and the tank and I open it at night and close it in the morning.

I've already let it run 24h without issue in my 60L tank, but I don't know about your tank, every system is unique. The production is pretty weak though.

The downside is that the CO2 production is not stable. Some people report having algae because of it, personally I don't.

@OwenJ I use it in a 25L tank and I think it's great for my plant growth.
Where livestock is concerned, I didn't see any effects on my shrimps but my guppies did look a bit lethargic when they were first introduced to the tank.

I have an Aquael pat mini filter so was able to create surface agitation in the night.

You could always raise the diffuser out of the water in the evening if you are worried.

Back