• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Uncontrollable Escape of CO2

jimmy james

I've just bought the Dennerle CO2 Nano set and I 've just tried to install the the co2 cylinder to the pressure reducer. I screwed the pressure reducer to the cylinder until a slight resistance was noticeable (as described in the instructions) then the gas started escaping which was freezing cold and I could not continue turning it till finger tight (as again described in the instructions). Any one else had this problem.

Did you solve it? I have got same issue with it and didnt find any answer. True is now i know how freezing hurts :)

Hi I had this problem a couple of times when I first had it. It's a bummer espically when they're 13 quid a refill. I found the best thing to do is get to the point of resistance, then possition your hands so you can do the fastest biggest turn you can and then do it again really quickly untill the gas stops wizzing out. I find you can be forceful/possitive it's well made equipment. Make sure you disconnet the tubing first (gets in the way when twisting the cyclinder in.) Good luck.

I contacted Dennerle and Reptillica where i purchased the unit and this is the response i got from Dennerle : Sometimes it is not so easy to turn further after the "gas" starts streaming out. But it's important to do it without stop!
Please use a towel or a work glove for the connection of pressure reducer and bottle. It will give more courage and protects your hand against the sharp hose connector.

To complain the bottle please contact your supplier.

Kind regards from germany

Andrea Ferner

Dennerle GmbH
Technical Support
Industriestraße 4
D - 66981 Münchweiler

Reptillica then sent me a replacement cylinder free of charge. Great customer service! Job done.

Back