• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water Agitation - Spray Bar Above or Below

Hi all, Just watched that bit. I think that is because he has a higher fish load than we would normally have, and that he definitely feed his plants more than I do (although that could be a combination of the more fish and "agriculturally improved" tap water).

cheers Darrel

Yes, possibly. The tanks are on the overstocked side but do not look too bad at all and the fish do look healthy. There are bits and pieces in his videos on the use of hydrogen peroxide, sterilising tanks. He uses UV sterilisation, etc...The methods create the need for other methods to deal with the consequences of flaws in the original method...What's the point of not rippling the water surface sufficiently if at the same time aiming at good water movement underneath?..It makes no difference to the fish whatsoever in this scenario when it comes to flow..He's got his spraybar facing the back but is blasting flow with a koralia pump...I think without the koralia pump the fish would struggle if the filter outlet is restricted so he's just created more need for more gear by not using the filter outlet to direct the flow and ripple the surface..I think all the difference in his method is his electric bill...using more equipment....

Last edited:
Back