• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What do you think help

lil-lynx

hello i would like to know what you think on the fertiliser on the web link.

Tank specs:
96 Litres
2 x t5HO 39W
1 x t8 25w
jbl undergravel fert (Forgot its name aquabase i think)
1 x tetratec 1200 (1200LPH)
1x medium power head 700lph i think
co2 2 BPS diffued by a mini elite filter ( will be upgrading to an inline diffuser)

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/ae-desi ... -3951.html

or have you got anything else to suggest ?

can some one also tell me my WPG
Thanks

Hi lil-lynx

The link you gave is only a macro mix (NP&K) so you would need Trace elements as well (as stated in the link).
A popular all in one alternative would be Tropica's TPN+ (this contains both NPK & Trace). Link to TPN+
Just make sure you get the one with the + sign on it, as they also do one called TPN.
TPN+ is green and TPN is brown.
I used to use this in my early days and it really does work well, and I know a lot round here that use it on the smaller tanks.
lil-lynx said:
can some one also tell me my WPG
Difficult to be precise with the mixture of T8 and T5's. However, when calculating WPG we use US gallons.
96 litres is about 25 US gallons so you have about 4 wpg :wideyed: (if we based it purely on lamp wattage, 103W) . That's a lot of light over 96 litres.
You've done well to keep the algae at bay with that level of lighting :D

I'd go EI if I were you and buy the chemicals off ebay, will save you a fortune!

I'd agree with the above statement about the lighting, I'm only running 2x 30w T8's over a 300lt!

You've done well to keep the algae at bay with that level of lighting

Hmmmmm . . .thats not true :( had to tear apart my tank because of the stuff :(

Can any body suggest what I buy for EI ?

thanks

and just mix all together ?
what are your tank specs,what's the results like ?

Tank is 300lt, soil capped with seachem flourite black sand.
Lighting 2x30w T8 and CO2 is 5lt FE using a second canister filter with a dilution chamber for the CO2.
Got total 1800lt filter cap, 1x 3000lt powerhead and a 2300lt powerhead on timer.

Tank has only been running a week but already there seems to be some early growth and everything moved from my old tank seems healthier.

The pottasiums get mixed together and the trace is seperate. I've got 2 dosing bottles, one dosing sunday, tuesday and thurs. the other Mon, wed and Fri. Sat is day off and sun is waterchange before dosing.
You could easy do the whole weeks dosing at once I reckon when the tank has matured a little and the nutrient levels are exceding demand.

Hi lil=lynx
lil-lynx said:
and just mix all together ?
Not all together ;)
From the figures quoted on the link above you will need 3 tsp KNO3 3/4 tsp KH2PO4 added to 600ml tap water in one bottle and 3/4 tsp Trace added to 200ml tap water in a different bottle.
Add 50ml of the KNO3/KH2PO4 (Macros) to the tank 3 times a week (say Sun, Tue & Thu)
Add 25ml of the Trace mixture twice a week (say Mon & Wed).
What days of the week doesn't matter as long as your first batch of Macros goes in after water change, and then alternate from there on.
Both of the bottles will last you 4 weeks.
So if you bought the same amounts as chrisfraser05, that will last you over a year :wideyed:
lil-lynx said:
what are your tank specs,what's the results like ?
If you want to see some pictures of a 1 year old tank using EI, check out page 8 of the 180l journal in my signature. Not a great scape, but the plants were seriously healthy. Tank is stripped down now :(
This was a 180l, 2x 45w T5HO (no reflectors), CO2 (loads) and the last 6 months of this tanks life saw it get double EI levels as an experiment. No dramas to report to plants or livestock, but seriously lush growth :D.
Nice problem to have :lol:

Edited to correct spelling mistake :oops:

Back