• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY EMERSED SETUP :mad:

Alright i figured it out haha, these pictures were taken about half an hour ago, and last night i removed all the dead bits, so that portrays how quickly this stuff is killing the hemianthus.

Close up of the dying hemianthus
IMG-20131206-00598_zps9e3dbcc1.jpg

You can clearly see all the damage.
IMG-20131206-00597_zps9001df33.jpg

IMG-20131206-00591_zpsdec54767.jpg

The setup as a whole, 18w t5 light, soil in pots with water up to 1cm below water line, and nightly spraying.
IMG-20131206-00593_zpscc2d28d9.jpg

It seems your light is doing a good job of lighting the room but not the plants!
Growing immersed is not like growing the same plants underwater as there is not limitation of C02, so you can light it up strong & long.
Double the lights & use some form of reflector, keep the tank sealed & the lights a bit higher above the film.
If you can get a piece of glass instead of the film that will allow more light in too.
Moving the whole thing under some natural light would help no end but, trying to save the wasted plants might not be possible now.

Back