• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What to put in my Tank

nybraby

After 3 years of having my tank stored in the garage and after re-decorating multiple rooms etc I know have a suitable space to put my tank, however I need some advice on the type of layouts that suits it size.

I bought the Tank when living in the USA and was in the market for a fish tank and after seeing planted tanks decided that was the way I wanted to go.

I ended up with an ADA Cube Carden 60-H it measures 60 x 30 x 45, however I didn't quite get the right look and was never happy with my setup. I have looked through many journals on here and ADA award books which I was given when I purchased the tank but can't find anything using a tank thats tall and narrow.

I was hoping for some insperation from this forum, my other option is to sell this tank and get the ADA Cube Garden 75-P (or similar) which is 75 x 45 x 45 and would also fit my space.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there and welcome to UKAPS :)

The 60-H is an odd size IMO, and I'm not surprised to see you've seen little use of it from aquascapers.

But there are a few taller scapes out there. One that springs to mind is one from UKAPS ex-sponsor, The Green Machine. It's a 90-H but the aspect ratio is similar.

If budget isn't an issue then I think you'll get more creative potential from the 75-P.

Another option, and cheaper but still great quality, is the TMC Signature (60x45x30H) and matching cabinet. It's 30cm tall but 45cm wide which I find perfect for aquascaping and easy maintenance. It's not ADA but I challenge anyone to find flaws in the silicon and overall workmanship.

I'm using one at the moment here - George's Hillside (new Signature layout) | UK Aquatic Plant Society

Cheers,
George

Thanks George that's really helpful I like the look of the TMC Signature 60 x 45 x 45 and its a great price but also like the of the easy access to the one you mention above especially after looking at your fab journal.

Back