• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

whats wrong plants not doing as well at all

Hi all,
I don't think 28oC is too high for some plants. I agree with Spyder Plants like Cryptocoryne spp., Nile Cabbage (Pistia), Amazon Frogbit (Limnobium), Amazon Swords, Echinodorus spp., Java Fern (Microsorum), Floating Fern Ceratopteris etc. are fine at 28oC, but they may grew more slowly due to the lower solubility of gases at higher temperatures. Luis has made a good point if you used just floaters/emergent plants you could do away with the CO2.

I've got plenty of Pistia and Limnobium you can have.

cheers Darrel

Your first picture looks like a very deserving home for a captive discus indeed :D
I had a go with discus a few years back in a 4' x 2' x 2' but it was an expensive experience especially to keep such nervous and shy fish!
If I ever went down that route again I would be looking at a 6' x 2' x 2' min - in fact that picture has really got me thinking!!

Hey I dont know if it is just the pics or if it is the same in real life but your lighting looks very pink-red. Are you using those display or fish colour enhancing tubes for lighting ? If so then you would be better off changing them to 6500K (cool daylight) tubes

no they are plant daylights it's just the colour of the substrate and back wall that makes it look that colour

just looked they are aqua glow x1 and other is power glo

Back