• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

will this work...

trigon 350

Seedling
hi all, would like you to let me know if this would work or if you've done it yourself. I wanted to connect an empty 2ltr bottle up to my diy co2 with an air valve after it which screws to open and close. This is so I can have a stable flow of co2. I know you shouldn't put a valve on due to pressure but if it had a holding chamber ( i.e empty 2ltr bottle ) after the reactor would this be ok and am I making sense???? Thanks

Rich :D

When you say "DIY CO2" do you mean yeast generated CO2 ?

hi , yes its just a yeast generated co2 kit. (2ltr bottles) I really dont like to use this method but I need to wait a while before I get a FE setup sorted prob 2 months. would this holding chamber work or will it build pressure too quick and potentially burst open?? thanks

I dont know what effect your holding chamber will give to be honest, all I do know is that most experienced aquarists seem to think that yeast CO2 is always more trouble than its worth. I would suggest considering low tech plants and using easy carb until you are ready to go with an injected CO2 system :)

ok, as it happens today at work I came across a 2kg co2 fire extinguisher but it has been used and is past its service date. so can I get this re serviced? I will have to read up more on fe setups before i start buying bits. thanks

Back