• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ziss CO2 reactor

Myrtle

I figured I'd give one of these a go as the price was good and the video review looked good. I didn't buy the ready made reaction kit, I DIY'd it so perhaps that's where my issue lies?
Anyway, it works just like in the video, but is an absolute blahblahblahblah to get the right drip rate, you need several spare hours to stare at the canister. That would be fine if it was a case of set it and forget it, but I'm finding that the drip rate slows considerably overnight, to the point that it's not actually producing and CO2 by the time the lights come on. This means having to fiddle every morning to get it going again. I'm wondering if perhaps my citric acid solution had a few undissolved crystals that's blocking the nozzle? Has anyone else tried this reactor out yet? I'm only running it on a 12l tank as an experiment, and other than the stability of the CO2 production, everything is great...

Back