• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - The Shimmering of Light

Thanks everyone ;)

The hair grass in the back is absolutely fine, Alexander... it just needs a good trim. Can make some close ups at the weekend!

Cheers,
Chris

Hi guys,

not much happened the last week.
Don't have much time at the moment, but thanks to god, the tank is still running on it's own ;)

Colours are intensely red on some rotala spec. + ludwigia.

Could need another good trim though...

Tag53_web_zpsffac9296.jpg

And the in-situ shot from the middle of my smaaaaall kitchen:

53_inSitu_web_zps8e7767b3.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Hehe Robert,

yes the feeder is quite nice but extremely expensive in my opinion. I'm glad that I got it from a colleague incl. the stand ;)

New toys have arrived, delivered to Germany from TheGreenMachine:

Manten_zps68485771.jpg

Now how I have to figure out how this will fit into a Mini S or M hehe..

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Andrew,

Yes the TS is back... no one wanted to buy it so... and somehow... could be my imagination, but I think with the TS the fish are more active.

Got some new Gadgets this week:

Airsweeper_zpsb372462a.jpg

Foto_zps84e44fb8.jpg

The tank is running flawlessly... but it needs a good, big trim tomorrow and a clean-up of the sand.

I'm now waiting for the ADA Aquasky Moon incl. the mirror to be available here in Germany... The mirror could add some nice finish to the tank ;)

Here is day 59:

59_web_zps9d42e4b9.jpg

Enjoy the weekend!

Cheers,
Chris

Ok, I can understand the glass feeder, but... air sweeper o_O ?
CO2 with fragance....mmm ok it's a bonus of something I have to use..... but air sweeper?

Why not only using a regular room deodorizing device?

If I have to mention the top 3 useless things from ADA.... Maybe clean bottle ranks no.1, aquasky mirror no.2 and air sweeper no. 3. :lol:

Tank looks good in my opinion, but there are just too many unnecessary gadgets hanging on the sides of the tank which really makes it feel unnatural. An example is the twinstar; why would you put it on the front side of the tank and not in the back? It's not something I want to notice straight away in an aquascape.

Tank looks good in my opinion, but there are just too many unnecessary gadgets hanging on the sides of the tank which really makes it feel unnatural. An example is the twinstar; why would you put it on the front side of the tank and not in the back? It's not something I want to notice straight away in an aquascape.
That's something I don't understand from ADA, first they sell you a cube garden, and lily pipes under the slogan of "anything blocking the aquascape is unnecessary" and then.. polen glass... and a million objects to hang from your rimless tank..... o_O.

Why not using inline co2 diffusers, Super jetfilters can deal with them.... the hanging co2 systems... o_O. The tools hanging from the rim... are you going to trim your tank daily, or why you need them there? Do fish need to be fed every 5 minutes or why having the food hanging from the tank?

I share ADA's idea of "Anything blocking the aquascape is unnecesary" but I'll ad, even when the stuff blocking the tank is another ADA device....

Hi all

I don't own a single ADA gadget. I recognize that I love some of them and would buy them, there are other ones I love but I simply cannot/don't want to afford and there are other ones I find completely useless... but well, this is the same old story when discussing in this forum about ADA. And let me recall you what is always concluded: you like them? You can afford them? Then buy them.
We all probably own phones/cars/bikes/tv/computers, etc. that are extremely expensive for the basic function they were supposed to have

Jordi

Thank you guys ;)

I don't want to start any debate on principles about ADA products here...
Is it a little bit cluttered on the left side? YES!
Do I have an inline diffusor here... YES! Is it already in place... YES!

14122014_zps40e756a8.jpg

It's all about the Scape/Tank and not the gadgets, right?
The only three things that really bother me, are the heater ,the Twinstar and the fact that the Amano shrimps are always playing football with the Soil... not the ADA stuff.

Now, back to trimming a tropical rainforest and cleaning up a "football" field!

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Iceman,

Just read this journal from start to finish in one go, great job mate. Really keen to know more about the Twinstar as I notice you put it back in. I saw one a week or two ago at TGM and forgot to ask about it. I am thinking of getting one for my 400 liter Full Monty tank. Still can't quite work out what is coming out of it and where it is coming from? I can see the box, the cable and the tubes connecting it, but where are the bubbles coming from, is it O2?

Keep up the faith!

Steve

Back