• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Mini Solar S from Japan

seancmcdonnell

Seedling
Hi,

On a recent trip to Japan i managed to pick a ADA Mini Solar S. However in order to make it work in europe what do i need? The light is rated AC100v, 20W, and 50-60HZ.

I assume i need a transformer, anyone out there have experience with this?

Thanks
S

Well got it working with a step down transformer from hqproducts that i bought from my local electronics store. If anyone is interested its is rated 220-240V AC to 100-120V AC and 45 Watts.

Thanks for your help Stu

trip from Japan aye?? :)

did you visit the ada gallery? and if you dont mind me asking how much was the light buying it direct in japan?

thanks mate hope it was a good trip

Well im lucky enough to go to Japan once or twice a year with my job. I have recently got into aquascaping and planned to go to the ADA Gallery but unfortunately i had a bad cold and decided against it.

My hotel was located in Ginza which was located next to he largest tropical fish store in Tokyo :p The store is called "Pau Pau Aqua Garden", they had an amzing selection of ADA and DO! Aqua products. I picked up the following:

ADA Solar S: 18,400.00 JPY = 166.132 EUR
ADA Mini S: 5,200.00 JPY = 46.9503 EUR
DO! Aqua Violet Glass-(Outflow) MP-1/10mm: 3,360.00 JPY = 30.3478 EUR
DO! Aqua Violet Glass-(Inflow) MV-1/10mm: 3,990.00 JPY = 36.0380 EUR
ADA Aquasoil Amazonia 1, 3L: 1,260.00 JPY = 11.3795 EUR

Quite a bit cheaper than what i would pay for in Europe, especially when i take into consideration shipping cost to Denmark where i live!

That is pretty good, I think I paid close to £30 for my aquasoil haha.

Too bad about the cold, next time aye 8)

Ryan

Back