• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adjustable Reg not doing its job!

Well any mechanical clicking can only come from the solenoid valve, but why it is opening & shutting I cant say, however it should not have anything to do with leaks as the valve is a simple electric switch than opens when the power is on & auto shuts when power is off. If it is continuously opening & shutting then that suggest either a faulty power supply (timer) or a faulty valve!
The valve might not have enough power to open the tap & allow the gas through, that is why you need to turn down the pressure so perhaps the valve is indeed knackered!

Hi Foxfish,
Thanks...Tankscape are going to send out a replacement solenoid today so hopefully I will get it tomorrow....I will just have to work out how to change it;) Then hopefully that will solve my problem:rolleyes:

Well, now I have not got a clue what is going on!!!!:confused:

Last night, I removed an extra check valve that I had in the line from the bubble counter to the UP Inline Atomizer (I had one after it came out of the bubble counter and another one just before it went into Atomizer).

When the co2 switched on this morning it clicked about 6 times then stopped!

I then had to reduce my bps from 3 down to 2 per second as there were loads of micro bubbles. Now there are still masses of co2 bubbles that I will probably have to turn the bps down again. The bps seem a lot more consistent today as well. I just do not understand it??

There is no sign that the bottle is getting low i.e the pressure is still as it has been (thinking of end dump) I am now totally confused!

LOL Bert what do you mean there are loads of micro bubbles... in your tank?
That is what the UP does...it produces millions & millions of micro bubbles or the 'mist' as we call it!

:D Yes lol but what I mean is, there has been a very big increase in the amount of bubbles to the amount there was before. Should have been clearer in my statement.;)

Hi there I have up-aqua regulator aswel and mine has always fluctuated it is very annoying and I tried allsorts only time it stops is when out the bps right up, at the minute I can never tell what its on as starts slow and speeds up as pressure build and drops slightly I tried all sorts and just learn to live with it now

Hope you get sorted if you do let me know ;)
Dean

Well I received my new solenoid from Tankscape and have fitted it this morning. I will not know for a few days whether it has fixed it or not but fair play to Andy for getting it to me in quick time!

You sure your check valve isn't leaking, cracked, split.....I had a metal one go recently, very faint hairline crack, confused me for a while :)

You sure your check valve isn't leaking, cracked, split.....I had a metal one go recently, very faint hairline crack, confused me for a while :)

Hi, I did check them and could not find a problem, however, with the new solenoid fitted the problem has gone now;) Fair play to Tankscape for sending out a replacement solenoid quickly.

Hi, I did check them and could not find a problem, however, with the new solenoid fitted the problem has gone now;) Fair play to Tankscape for sending out a replacement solenoid quickly.

I had similar issues for a couple of months with an Easy Aqua adjustable reg and solenoid, in the end after replacing it with another the same I bit the bullet and bought a JBL, only issue I have had since is my check valves and bubble counters, again both Easy Aqua with screw down tube connections, I had 4 x brand new check valves split on me straight fom the packet and I wasn't over tightening them at all, I now run the brass ones from Hong Kong with tiny 4ml hose clamps on too and am running nearly 3 bar pressure with nothing flying off.
Dunk your check valves in a jug of water while it's running, this was the only was I could find the faults, with the soapy water test I never managed to see it! Sometimes I think with the co2 tubing being so rigid, it can have issues when using these screw down type connectors, as you really only want to tighten it so it's just pinching, but as the tubing isn't very flexible it can leak as it doesn't seal well, softer tubing would do this well but would just mean replacing a short piece from your check valve more often.
Anyway mate, is it working better now??:)

Come on Bert what's next then......I am getting bored LOL..

I will keep you waiting a while.....................mind you, I did knock the media cage full of my eheim sintered bio media, all over the kitchen floor this morning when I was doing my water change and filter maintneance!! so watch this space! :D

Bertie
Was your original regulator bought from co2 supermarket? If so did you manage to get a refund from them?
I'm asking as the solenoid I bought from them 2 months ago has started making an unbearably load buzzing noise and they haven't responded to my request for a replacement..

Bertie
Was your original regulator bought from co2 supermarket? If so did you manage to get a refund from them?
I'm asking as the solenoid I bought from them 2 months ago has started making an unbearably load buzzing noise and they haven't responded to my request for a replacement..

Hi,
Yes it was a co2 supermarket one and to be hones,t I did not bother to ask for one. Don't know why really, apart from the feeling that they would not be forthcoming, as I say just a feeling so I just bit the bullet.

I have the same feeling,oh well, maybe they will come good.

Do you still have the supermarket solenoid? If so would you be willing to sell it?

I have the same feeling,oh well, maybe they will come good.

Do you still have the supermarket solenoid? If so would you be willing to sell it?

Sorry Ian.........Sorry I dumped it all as soon as I got my UP Reg ...sorry!

No need to apologise Bertie, the bin may well be the best place for it ;)

Well Co2 supermarket came through, their emails were going to my junk folder. Martin instructed me to lubricate the solenoid piston with some oil and it's back to silent.

Back