• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano shrimp HELP

Hi. I overdose green tropica, I overdose seachem flourish excel 4ml everyday for 80L tank, ei dosing potassium phosphate every other day and seachem iron every other day. Co2 dc green/yellow. All amano and RCS are doing rly well.
But. In previous setup I lost all of the amanos when i didn't do for 2-3 weeks 60-75% water change pre week. I was lazy and done just cca 25/30%. :(( Now 50% for me is minimum.

Hi, I'm fully versed in the concept behind ei, and I don't double dose as standard. This was to quickly bring the levels in the completely new tank water up to a reasonable level, earlier than waiting for 3 or 4 days dosing. I wanted the plants to have everything they needed to encourage quicker rooting and anchoring. I've replaced my trace mix now as well and stopped doing the liquid carbon, so am hoping that this solves the problem. So far it looks good with the shrimp I have left
On the initial rescape it could have been ammonia spikes changes to water quality therefore stressing the shrimps,I wouldn't think plants would suffer with a gradual increase of fertiliser nor the shrimps,I once added some new fish to a tank with shrimp ,water accidentally getting out of the bag ,new fish were fine but lost some shrimp put it down to change in the water,still not sure

Back