• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Another Quick Question.

lil-lynx

Hello again :p

I have a 15w light unit for a T8 bulb, and i have a another T8 unit which runs 30w. The 30w has no end caps can i just take the cables from the 15w and use them on the 30w unit including the end caps ?

Hi again Chris, yes the cable and the end caps are universal, either T8 or T5, its just the starter unit that is different, have fun Colin.

Thanks Colin :) ,
Have you any idea how to connect the two wires (Blue and Brown). Dont really want to muck up :L

Chris, if you have blue/brown on the ballast pack and the ends are the same on the cap ends then just go blue,blue, and brown,brown. If not pair the ballast pack colours with the same colours on the cap ends, so they form a matched pair. Hope that makes sense, if not let me know the make of the ballast pack and I will get back to you, but if you match the colours betweeen the caps on each end you will be good, regards Colin. Have a look at this sketch.

Wiring Diagram for Single Tube.
Below is the wiring diagram for a single lamp rapid or trigger start ballast. The color coding is fairly common.

Wiring Diagram for Single Tube Rapid or Trigger Start Ballast
Below is the wiring diagram for a twin lamp rapid or trigger start ballast. The color coding is fairly common.

Power Switch +--------------------------+
Line 1 (H) o----/ ----------|Black Dual Tube Red|-----------+
Line 2 (N) o----------------|White Rapid Red|--------+ |
+-----|Yellow Start Blue|-----+ | |
| +--|Yellow Ballast Blue|--+ | | |
| | +-------------+------------+ | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | Grounded | Reflector | | | |
| | ----------+---------- | | | |
| | .----------------------. | | | |
| +----|- Fluorescent -|----+ | | |
| | | ) Tube 1 ( | | | |