• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Apistogramma

ivka

Hi. Can someone who has an experience with apistogramma agassizzi double full red tell me the difference between male and female and if possible send a picture of male and female? Thank you

The female is smaller and a pale yellow colour, however her colouration changes to a more striking bright yellow at spawning time.
The male is far more attractive with bright orange fins and turquoise flashes on his flanks.

Here's a short video of my female guarding eggs in her nest.

In the following video you can see the male and the female together (1:47):

apistogramma_agassizii_double_red.jpg

0288.jpg

Thank you for a quick reply.i think my fish are too small to say if it is male or female.mine are just 1,5 inch and they bath look the same but one has less red on its fins and a bit smaller.i bought them as a pair from Internet but I am not sure if they are pair. How big would they have to be to sex them properly?

Thank you very much .this is exactly I was looking for. Hopefully they will be male and female. Thanks again you where a lot of help to me.

Back