• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua at pet shop - Season 2 - layout #6

Atomizer UP Aqua D-531

New toy for big boy: nano atomizer. Very fine mist, very small size (compared to previous glass one). I had fears it may gas the fish ('cause I run CO2 24/7 though in slow rate, about 0.6 BPS), but no, everything is OK. So, despite it looks like working much better than glass diffusor (at least visually) - it does not necessarily ten times better inject CO2. Next weekend I'll try to get pH measurements and will see how effective it to drop my pH.

Beware! Shaky video below:

Love that fine mist, and small size. And yes - it's plastic, which is way better than glass - less chance to break it.

Ι have bought many of these Up Aqua diffusers on Ebay. Beware there are some potential knock-off ones. After a while they would start leaking big bubbles from the glue that connects the plastic body to the stone.

Thank you for info! I've noticed some relative big bubbles from glue area, but still it works much better than glass diffusor which mainly produced big bubbles and occasionaly small ones. I will keep my eye on that!

I forgot to also mention that after a while the cheap ones would crack.

I'm going to buy couple spare atomizers. They're on par with cheap madeinchina glass diffusors anyway.

You were right, guys, about cracking. My colleague and I have bought 2 atomizers, and while my one still works good, but another one from the same batch has already cracked around glue joint (along the axis). Probably the reason was different CO2 pressure in different tanks. I don't know, but still watching mine to see whether it crack or not. If it lasts at least a month I will think that either I'm lucky or the reason is in the lower pressure.

Atomizer sad story: after 2 weeks I decided to clean my atomizer which was still worked fine and put it to bleach for about 30 minutes. That was my fault. After cleaning it was worked well, as I thought, but in fact next day it failed around glue area - there were a hole and all CO2 went through it. No more fine bubbles, just one big bubble. I was unaware of this failure - nobody at shop thought it's abnormal. Very sad. Some plants, like ludwigia super red, are suffered a lot, lost their colors, others are not such much.
Anyway, reverted back to glass diffusor. I'm not sure I'll be trying it again. Very disappointed.

Other not so good news. I'm not happy with area under the tree. It gets too little light for plants to grow properly, had to change my plants to more shade tolerant species, but I'm going to think about changing this layout. Will try to make decent final photo first.

Sorry to hear about the diffusor.It's a beautiful tank and already looking forward to the next one :).

Back