• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquael Ultra 50 Heater

BarryH

One of the Aquael Ultra heaters in my shrimp tanks has started flashing with the small light indicators sort of going around in a circle. Never had this before, I've tried to contact Aquael but no reply so far and no "troubleshooting" help on the instructions.

Any one had or seen this before or have any ideas at all please?

One of the Aquael Ultra heaters in my shrimp tanks has started flashing with the small light indicators sort of going around in a circle. Never had this before, I've tried to contact Aquael but no reply so far and no "troubleshooting" help on the instructions.

Any one had or seen this before or have any ideas at all please?
Do you know the temperature of the tank at current? And is it stable?

Also, do you have a quick picture you can take if possible? (I know that might be hard!)

Do you know the temperature of the tank at current? And is it stable?

Also, do you have a quick picture you can take if possible? (I know that might be hard!)
Not really sure what a photo would show but the temperature seems to have been dropping. It was 26 and now it's down to 22.
I've put a cheap SuperFish heater in to stop the temperature falling. until I can get a replacement Aquael Ultra.

Not really sure what a photo would show but the temperature seems to have been dropping. It was 26 and now it's down to 22.
It sounds like a heater failure, and that is why it's flashing, and the temperature is dropping.

I scanned online and answers are mixed for this issue! Some say a 'reset' and others say the heater is broken. I dont have this heater so really not sure how it acts under a reset. But the flashing and temperature drop sounds like it's showing a problem.

Would deffo get a spare in there ASAP whilst you sort this out.

Saw this, but I am not sure if this is going to help.

This has also just happened to my 100w version. I've tried to follow the comments about a 'reset' function but to no avail. Mine was 2 months out of warranty. Aquael told me it's dead and can't be fixed.

Mine was doing that, noticed what I stuck my hand in and it was very chilly! I'd rather they fail off than on though. Luckily had a spare one in the cupboard.

Thanks for all the help, really appreciated. I tried the heater in a jug of water but it looks like the element has gone, the body of the heater doesn't get warm at all.

Really disappointed with Aquael, they've not replied at all and I can't find out how long the guarantee run for. This heater was a little over 12 months old. Only a small box on the instruction leaflet that doesn't state any time limits. Quite a few of these heaters seem to be failing too.

Mine was doing that, noticed what I stuck my hand in and it was very chilly! I'd rather they fail off than on though. Luckily had a spare one in the cupboard.
I would really recommend adding an Inkbird to your setup to provide an added layer of temperature monitoring and protection.

Amazon product ASIN B07WV42NX2

I would really recommend adding an Inkbird to your setup to provide an added layer of temperature monitoring and protection.
I keep looking at them and I'm tempted, my other tank has a DD temp controller running the heater - because my dad had one kicking about at the time I needed a heater rather than I went looking - and I do like the precision and reassurance. The other tank is just meant to be quarentine really though rather than a permenant setup.

I keep looking at them and I'm tempted
I have loved having it! (It also scratches my technical gadget itch by being able to view metrics and adjust settings wherever I am in the world! So sad! :))

Warranty is 2 years I believe. Try contacting the shop you bought it from.
Thanks for the help. I've now contacted both Pro-Shrimp and Aquael in Poland. Aquael told me to contact Pro Shrimp who even after two emails, one containing the reply from Aqauel, haven't had the decency to respond. I then went back to Aquael explaining that Pro Shrimp hadn't replied and they basically said I would have to go through the courts in the UK to try and get my money back from Pro-Shrimp.

I think what they really meant was, we're not interested. Looking online there are quite a few people with Ultra heaters that have failed within the guarantee period and with Aquael not being interested it doesn't look good for them at all.

I am sorry to hear that; very disappointing indeed.

Back