• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Auto Feeder for very fine/powder foods

drsteeeve

Hey all

Looking around for an auto feeder for while away for a week, favourite at the moment is the Fish Mate F14 as at least you can accurately measure the feedings not like the rotating ones, but I have seen some videos where people mention it's for big granules rather than flake and very fine or powdered foods.
Anyone have any experience with it or other recommendations?

My backup idea for now is to bundle up the fine stuff in a bigger bit of nori seaweed or just leave the food in a pill box thing for the cat sitter to dump in every day...

Thanks all!

I bought two Grässlin Rondomatik 400 feeders off eBay at a good price some years ago for that exact reason - I like that each day had an individual pot so fine foods, or different mixtures per day, weren't a problem. They are a bit pricey though, but do work well and have 28 slots covering you for extended periods.

Yeah I think I will go the same way, I did a bit of intensive googling and found this, it actually looks ideal, but £80 is a bit much!

Yep, they're a bit spendy like I say - I think they were just over half that when I got mine.
Haha, for some reason I didn't see your reply before, but yes agreed these look great!
Off to eBay I go!

Back