• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bright idea.

Room101

Hi all.
Setup similar to Garys http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/trigon-190-crypt-corner-pfk-featured.22238/page-6

some info regarding my setup.
Trigon 190

A mini 400 tile placed in the rear hood(no controller). On @5.27 off @ 5.34 on @ 11.41. Off @ 11.50

Two T5 with reflectors on. On @ 5.34. Off @ 11.41

Co2 FE. inline diffuser on the output (co2 on @ 2pm. Off @ 8.30) ph profile (degassed sample 7.35ph) light on ph 5.9. Lights off 5.8. Ph probe calibrated ph4 and ph7. Any lower fish not happy. Drop checker light green. Not quite yellow.

Liquid carbon (6 mil) daily.
Eheim 350t (removed half the filter media) Fitted a installation set 1 and 2. output nozel is the wide jet.
2 Hydor nano 900. Both pointing the same direction as the output nozel, but a little towards the corners.

Tank has been set up since March 2013.
First 6 months was a learning curve. Still is! Had tooo much sunlight hitting the tank. This took me 6 months to realise this, so now the tank is covered through out the day.
50% water changers weekly. Filter cleaned weekly to.

Yes I still have aglae, but its on the Marsilea crenata. I cut the affected area, but algae comes back. Think its brown algae. All other plants ok.

So my question is.
Could I reduce the main t5 lights to 4 hours or so (on for 6 hrs at mo) and increase the mini 400 by 2 hours.
I want to reduce the light to the tank so it hopefully fixes my marsilea, But not to decrease it too much.
Want to get some info from the very clever people on here before I upset the tank too much.
Regards
Alan

Dose with EI

Back