• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Broken regulator? Help please

ulster exile

Hi folks, ages ago I bought a used CO2 Art set up, the Elite version, I think. It’s taken me ages to get it set up but I think it might be broken.

I’ve got no pressure in the left hand gauge and the big black nob won’t turn any farther clockwise so I suspect it might be broken. The solenoid is plugged in, via a timer, and has a light to indicate it’s working but that’s irrelevant if no CO2 is getting to it.

Any ideas on how to fix this, if at all? I do have a couple of spare, part-filled, FEs (I’ve found a tester whose willing to pass part used ones to me) so I can empty this and try again but not sure where to start.

Attachments

• 844FB8BC-6009-42F4-B746-B176E56B85C6.jpeg
    844FB8BC-6009-42F4-B746-B176E56B85C6.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 166
Hi, I would start from scratch. (If you havent already🤔)
Switch the solenoid on, Did you hear a click as you did?
Open the needle valve a couple of turns.
Clamp the extinguisher handles together .
Does the working pressure gauge move?
Are there any bubbles in the counter?
I dont have an Elite version but the ring on the bottom looks like a pressure relief valve so you could check if there is any pressure in the body of the regulator.
If none of the above work it may be the spring in the second stage, access is behind the logo button on the back.
CO2 art do a replacement spring, so I would contact their help desk and ask for advice if you still cant get working pressure.
Cheers
John

Back