• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Budget PH pen/meter recommendations please.

EnderUK

I'm looking for a replacement for chinabay ph pen. I know the Hanna ones are highly recommended but my budget would probably be around 30 quid p+p and preferably with replaceable probes. Hanna ones seem to cost around 30-50 quid plus £8-10 p+p then another 20 quid + 10 quid for the probes.

Any reasonable UK supply reasonably quality ph meters?

Try hydrophonics shops, they depend highly on the ph pens, and have used the cheap ones myself and find them fine for awhile

Think I'm going to try the chinabay 20 quid BNC meters. The probes are around 15 quid and have the little screw on caps to keep probe in distilled water. If it doesn't work I might bite the bullet at just get a Hanna one :D

The reason this has come about is that I have two of the cheap probes and even after calibrating they give vastly different readings 30 seconds later sticking them into my tanks :D

Think I'm going to try the chinabay 20 quid BNC meters. The probes are around 15 quid and have the little screw on caps to keep probe in distilled water. If it doesn't work I might bite the bullet at just get a Hanna one :D

The reason this has come about is that I have two of the cheap probes and even after calibrating they give vastly different readings 30 seconds later sticking them into my tanks :D
mine was £120 delivered and I've never had any reason to doubt it, I've checked calibration twice in the year I've had it and it hasn't needed adjustment. yet let me know how you get on with the bnc probes

Back