• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cleaning kit. What you got??

si walker

I'm on a tank and filter cleaning mission.
Do you have a brush or something else that does it all?
I don't have Lily Pipes, but stock Oase inlet/ outlet and those things get really gunky inside!
I discovered this weekend that the Inline Taps on my filter hoses get really dirty as well.

God I sound like a clean freak. I am not I assure you!

Anyone tried those mini bottle brushes from Amazon?

Glad to see this post.

I have been using melamine sponge for wiping the inside of the tank. It works great. When I first researched it seems it’s safe (reef tank people use them) but I’m not feeling great about them being single use.

I’m thinking of getting a blade / glass scraper instead and maybe toothbrush for the silicone. Would be good to know what everyone else uses (the full toolkit).

Old credit card and

1714413430816.png

1714037890047.png

1714038012929.png

Bottle brush can be picked up from Amazon for a few quid. Denture brush, the same. It's harder than a normal toothbrush so is more effective at removing limescale and algae from silicon, but without damaging it.

This is what I use. The Dennerle Cleanator is great for stubborn algae on the glass when the Spontex washups struggle a bit. The washups are cheap though and available everywhere. The pull through is easy to use on long hoses. The original plastic cord was a bit thin and difficult to push through though so I replaced it was some thicker Strimmer cord.

IMG_0055.jpeg

Another user of the Dennerle Cleanator. Prior to ordering I thought it was expensive for a sponge but have to say it was worth the outlay.

Another user of the Dennerle Cleanator. Prior to ordering I thought it was expensive for a sponge but have to say it was worth the outlay.
Yes, I thought they were a bit expensive and they don’t last forever. I normally buy a couple at a time with other stuff to spread the postage cost.
I get them from these folks.

This is what I use. The Dennerle Cleanator is great for stubborn algae on the glass when the Spontex washups struggle a bit. The washups are cheap though and available everywhere. The pull through is easy to use on long hoses. The original plastic cord was a bit thin and difficult to push through though so I replaced it was some thicker Strimmer cord.

View attachment 218674
Thanks for that.
Unless you keep a picture like this in your album? you have gone to the effort with that layout to help others!! Love it and very helpfull.

I now have a worn out Cleanator Sponge. They are great.
But now after reading the posts i am intrigued about the shower glove thing as well... What a brilliant idea.
Going to get some of those washup sponges now i know they are safe!

Cheers man!! Awsome.

Back