• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 regulator and solenoid

b1zbaz

Hi all I went to my lfs today which is oasis in broughton I have got a co2 fire extinguisher and my old reg will not fit they told me that you can get an adapter but it is the wrong way round for what I need so they tried to sell me a regulator with twin readouts one controls pressure one controls flow it is £31.99 and I asked about a solenoid which they have in stock for £51.99 are the prices about right or a rip off I got a cylinder regulator and bubble counter for £89.99 but it is only 576 grams and £15 a refill so on a 200l tank it's costing me a small fortune the fire extinguisher is free and I can have a new one for free whenever I need it but £80 quid sounds expensive for reg and solenoid can anybody help plus has anybody looked into making a solenoid from a gas valve on a boiler

Re: Co2 regulator and solenoid

£80 for a solenoid and reg is NOT a lot of money if its a decent bit of kit. However, I would suggest their prices are the wrong way round !! £52 for a solenoid is most definitely a rip off. I paid £25 for my Lunapet one, and you should be able to get one for around that price. The reg is the more important item and usually more costly. £50 would be a fair price to pay. Even a bit more. You can get a TMC V2 reg and solenoid suitable for FE units here... http://www.h2oaquatics.co.uk/saltwater-equipment/co2-regulators/tmc-v2-co2-pressure-regulator-pro
And thats a BLOODY good price.

That is the same connection as the reg I have got but I got told it will not fit a fire extinguisher

Is my lfs just full of that stuff that comes out of my bottom

ge2u6ezy.jpg

They live in a non Internet world as far as prices go. Lol. but... They've been there for years and have started a couple of planted tanks downstairs recently. Things stirring?

It's them planted tanks that have got me into it does anybody know if that reg will fit a fire extinguisher

Go to Tygas in Bury - £13 for a refillable 6.35kg. It's a tenner for 600gms for thedisposables. Dinn 477 fittings.

I can get unlimited free fire extinguishers

I can get unlimited free fire extinguishers

I'm a bit lost on this thread ( I know it's not hard to confuse me!)

Anyway the pic you show is a cga320 fitting and will not fit a FE. You need a din 477 fitting. So you will require an adapter.

A solenoid will cost somewhere between 20 and 60 so that looks about right.

The reg on the other hand sounds cheap.

And you haven't mentioned the most important bit of the kit. The needle valve.

Do you have pics of what they wanted you to buy.

God damn reg does not fit my fe more money to fork out wonderful anybody got one kicking around spar before I buy one

Back