• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2Art Pro regulator working pressure stuck at 15 psi

MMonis

I have been using a CO2Art Pro regulator since March 2023 and a CO2Art inline diffuser. Since a few days I noticed that the drop checker was always blue only to find out that the regulator working pressure is stuck at a maximum of 15psi.
I did a soap test but no leaks were found. I also tried releasing all the pressure in the regulator, closing the main cylinder valve and the working pressure knob and restarting the procedure again. However, even after turning the working pressure knob fully clockwise, the pressure spikes to 30psi only for it to settle down to 15 psi in a minute or so. If I close the working pressure knob fully anti-clockwise, it reaches 0psi. Even if the needle valve is just slightly open, it still doesn't go beyond 15 psi.

click here for the video. @Miroslav CO2Art could you assist ?

What happens when you connect it to a diffuser? As it is you are pushing against atmospheric pressure, if you create resistance does the pressure increase?
There are some videos on the CO2Art website if you think its a blockage .
Cheers
John

Email the helpline at CO2Art.co.uk, they will advise how to clear the blockage, You may need to take the regulator apart to clear the jets which is quite simple but you need good muscles.

Contacted the CO2Art support team and the following troubleshooting helped to resolve the issue for now. Posting the solution here so it helps others.

"Firstly, please remove the sticker from the front dial and let's set the maximum working pressure with the hex key. To get it right, make sure the front knob is fully clockwise, then set the pressure with the hex key to 60 PSI and put some super glue on it. Allow a few minutes for the glue to set, then place the sticker back on the regulator, close the main valve on the CO2 cylinder, release the whole gas from the regulator so both gauges read 0, turn the front knob fully anti-clockwise, open the main valve on the CO2 cylinder and now, with the front knob you will be able to set the desired working pressure (40-45 psi for the Inline Diffuser is excellent)"

Back